Season 1, Episode 2 of ALF: The Animated Series.
When Gordon makes his pets and his sister Augie bald, he goes back to Madame Pokipsi in disguise for a cure. She will only agree to cure him if he goes on a long journey get her the legendary golden egg from the horned beast on the highest mountain peak. Gordon instead quickly absconds with her crystal ball.
Madame Pokipsi then transfers her lizard Eugene into a giant monster and sends him to pursue Gordon, who meanwhile tries to reverse the curse with the crystal ball. He is able to alter his curse so that he is now able to transform things, but he is unable to totally control it. When he finds out that Harry had stolen his hair, he turns Harry into the legendary golden egg and gives Harry to Madame Pokipsi in exchange for removing the curse.
- Premiere airdate: October 3, 1987
- In the closing credits, 'Melmacian' is pronounced "Mel-MAY-shin".
- ALF states that events in this episode occurred "Wednesday morning on the third of Levelor."
- The terms 'hair' and 'fur' are used interchangeably throughout the episode. Additionally, the curse on hair is also shown to affect feathers, fish, and stuffed animals.
- Charlie claims that male pattern baldness affects four out of seven Melmacian males over 125.
- Gordon's parents and brother do not appear in this episode.
- Melmac has at least one moon.
- The same gag is used two episodes in a row. Gordon eludes pursuers by luring them into mechanized rooftop advertising. In the last episode, he lured Larson Petty into a gigantic doughnut. In this episode, he lures Eugene toward a gigantic cowboy hat.
Links and references
- Rob Cowan as Skip
- Paul Fusco as Gordon Shumway (ALF) and Rick Fusterman
- Paulina Gillis as Augie Shumway and Rhonda
- Don Francks
- Greg Morton
- Stephen McMulkin
Unidentified voice actors
Bismark; bouillabaseball; Brown moon; Calico bar; Calico burger; Camanabanna; cat fries; constellation; Dire Straits; dog; Doug’s Autorama; egg; Farberware; flounder; Horned Beast; Levelor; mackerel; mayo; middle-aged; Mister Mouser; Nourlish, Steve; Pepper Mines of Vandorff; pig; Polyester Islands; Ro-Bob; Sandabelle Peninsula; Tog Mog; Tupperware; Valley of Green Sand; Wargas; wernick